Orange County DSA is funded and democratically run by our members. The chapter is guided by an Steering Committee that is elected annually.
- Byron Lopez, Chair
- Ben Melville, Vice-Chair
- Julian Rawlins, Secretary
- Sarah Letham, Treasurer
- Adrian Reyes
Working Groups & Committees:
- Intersectional Queer and Feminist committee: Fight for liberation across marginalized identities of sex and gender including LGBTQIA+ status, race, disability, and other intersections of marginalization or privilege. Provide a Socialist Feminist perspective to fight against capitalism as well as combating the kyriarchy.
- Electoral Politics Committee: Identify, support, and run political candidates who will use elected office to create a more egalitarian, democratic society that works for the benefit of the many, not the few.
- Libertarian Socialist Working Group: The OC local for the Libertarian Socialist Caucus of the DSA. Our goal is to promote participatory democracy, accountability, direct action, mutual aid, and promoting Libertarian Socialism in Orange County.
- Food Justice Working Group: Provide mutual aid in the form of food distribution through the Food Not Bombs working model.
- Homeless outreach: Providing mutual aid to Orange County’s most vulnerable population, the homeless. Volunteers donate their time and resources to help give food and supplies. This now includes the Food Justice Working Group.
- Brakelight Clinic: An inoperable tail-light is the most common probable cause that law enforcement officers use to create a traffic stop. Repairing tail-lights reduces interactions with law enforcement, and that helps keep our community safe.
- Mental Wellness discussion: Burnout is a challenge that activists face. Let’s share our experiences in a welcoming environment as we discuss activism culture and forms of self-care. Our Resource guide for Mental Wellness can be found [ HERE ].
- Letter Writing to Prisoners: Prison is a lonely place to be. Letters from comrades on the outside can make a political prisoner’s day. We provide materials so you can send some mutual aid to your comrades behind bars.
- Socials: Social events are welcome to all who share the values of Democratic Socialists of America, regardless of membership status. Social events are welcome to all ages.